Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Still here!

Hello, friends and family...

Posting will be at a minimum for the next couple of weeks...zoh noes! Last week Devin and I were moved out to the cabins to finish up our contracts - so we have more space, but no internet. We've been having a great time the last few days with a light work schedule, so we've been going through music, finding possible ceremony selections and having random dance parties...not to mention lots of cuddling :) His parents were actually able to come up this weekend, and we talked about many details of the wedding. His mom happily agreed to take on the task of assembling centerpieces - she had just bought a lot of pieces from garage sales that fit with the vibe we're going for, and she's crafty like that - so that's a big weight off my shoulders! When we're up here all by ourselves it's easy to forget that there ARE people that will take care of these things for us.

One idea that I just came up with yesterday that I'm totally stoked about is how we're doing the "unity" portion of the ceremony. Of course, the tradition is to light a candle. Others I've seen are pouring sand and braiding pieces of rope. All wonderfully symbolic for sure, but none of them really seem to be right for us. Then it came to me - let's pour PAINT! YES! Totally fits! We'll be in an art gallery, we're both artists (though I am more so in the traditional sense, while Devin's art of choice is lighting design), and now this can be the central element that inspires the motif for the invitations, programs, and whatever else we choose. AH. I love finding things that make sense like that.


In other news, Devin had an interview yesterday that went VERY well (it was a phone interview so I got to hold his hand the whole time :-p) and he's working on getting another one lined up. Hooray for progress and hope and change!

That's all for now, as my time on the internet is about to come to an end...stay tuned for more updates!

1 comment: