Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Back in Indiana!

We are back in Indiana (that's right, the man followed me home!) and gettin' thangs done! We're just a little more than 3 months out, and things are pretty dandy. Here's what's happened:

Devin accepted a job with Carmel's Center for the Performing Arts! YAY! This means 1) we will have a steady income, and 2) we'll be close to family. All good things! It's been a busy couple of weeks between job stuff and apartment stuff - we're waiting on a phone call today that will determine if we move or renew my current lease. If we move it will be into a supersweet loft, so we're hoping for that one! Either way, we are DONE with any long-distance shenanigans. Whew! Now we can be excited about getting our first dog...not sure when exactly that will happen, but we love scouting our favorite pet websites.

I bought Holi paint powders (a $25 splurge), to be used kinda like this for our engagement shoot. Not only is this pure awesome, it also ties in wonderfully with our unity paint pour for the ceremony and the prints of famous paintings we plan to have at every table. Yes, ours is an artists' wedding. Ahhh...

I bought my dress ($220, including the fabric swatches I also bought to help me decide between white and ivory). I went through JJ's House, and was even able to give them my exact measurements - hopefully the only thing that MIGHT need adjusting will be the actual length of the dress itself. It should be here in about six weeks, and I can't wait! My bridesmaids are also ordering through this site, so when all is said and done I will be sure to post a review of how everything turns out. Money saver: I've decided to wear a pair of shoes I already own. They're stylish and since I've already worn them for another wedding, I know they won't totally kill my feet! 

I also went on Etsy and bought wraps for me and my girls to wear for any outdoor photos that we take ($62). Indiana in early December can be kind of a crapshoot - it might be 25 degrees, or it might be 65. I'm certainly hoping for the latter...

We've decided on a honeymoon location (HAWAII!) and are hashing out the details thereof.

We officially booked our caterer (MCL) after a very tasty tasting. Having never done anything of that nature before, I wasn't sure what to expect, but basically it was a free meal. Score!

We scouted photo locations. This was an especially important step for us because a) we are both photographers, and therefore quite picky about what our photos will look like (more on my philosophy later), b) Anderson is a small town, and so the cool, unique little spots are not always obvious/marketed, and c) with the wedding in December, we won't have any added beauty from flowers and other foliage. This was where Google Maps' street view was very helpful! I looked at their regular map of Anderson and found the names of businesses that seemed photo-friendly, then switched it to street view to get a good look at them (and visited in person, of course). We came away with a few spots that will look amazing, even in winter. It just takes a little bit of vision and creativity to know where to look ;-) And so, I give you a few wintry/grungy/urban wedding photos to serve as eye candy, and a lesson that things don't always have to be "pretty" to be positively gorgeous. Thanks for reading!


1 comment:

  1. Wow,wonderful wedding dresses,just choose the same style at wishesbridal with low price

    ReplyDelete